HOW TO STAY GOTH ON A BEACH VACATION
You’ve all heard of health goth, cyber goth, fashion goth.. but what about beach goth?!
(I may or may not of taken this Buzzfeed quiz while procrastinating this post – FYI I’m a ‘soft goth’)! …
Dressing in all black with lashings of eyeliner isn’t really an option when you’re under the carribean sun, I would know – I’m writing this from my sun lounger, in 32 degree heat and a pina colada to the left of me. So what tips do I have for goths abroad?
1. BIG sunglasses. Size does matter when it comes to holiday eyewear. Essential for people watching, hiding your non-lined eyes, staying mysterious and of course, protection from the sun.
2. Goths are known for their pale reflective skin, so is it ok to be out sunbathing, even catching a tan, whilst on holiday? What will your Goth friends think? Although you’re channeling beach Goth abroad, remember to protect your ghostly skin, take sunscreen baths and keep your pasty body in the shade.
3. Like a true gothic princess it’s hard to maintain my waist length black locks in the sea water. Despite vowing to tie it up or braid it back I secretly enjoy the feeling of my hair under the water and getting to do that Bond girl flip when exiting the ocean. (Something that I’m sure more resembles a sweaty headbang at a cradle of filth concert). It’s then impossible to brush and I end up looking like Monica Geller after a plane journey.
4. Like the rest of your wardrobe, swimwear inspiration must come from Wednesday Adams. When shopping I always follow the mantra WWWD? (What would Wednesday do). It’s very effective and usually stops me from making bad decisions.
* Please be aware of my awful humour. Many people have asked me why I called my blog ‘The Fashion Goth’ when in reality I’m not that goth. ( Just a soft Goth). There’s no meaning behind it, just a fun tongue it cheek title to represent my music and style choices. I was sure I’d be doing more outfit posts while on holiday but the truth is I’ve been enjoying myself far too much and getting my Instagram husband to take photos of me can sometimes be an effort in itself! Follow me on Instagram stories (@thefashiongothh) for some holiday fun, and I promise to upload some non-humorous ‘what I wore’ blogs to my site over the next few days! Let me know what kind of Goth you are!!